Thursday, July 30, 2009

Long time no blog

Larry had a job interview. It went well. Getting ready he pulled down some jeans from the closet he didn’t wear in ages he forgot about that look really nice on him he wore to it. Larry is magic. We were at the Pinery last week and he was making these beautiful ornate funny drawings of nature parts. Bugs, flora, creatures. Larry is listening and hearing the call, his call.

Sometimes I feel like a grabby, clingy bedridden old man. Kids are grabby too. I think I remember remembering not to be that way. To take something given with grace. Feeling the transferring from their hand to mine.

At work Tina’s hands are red. Her husband is a cook and she always has a good lunch. It’s some kind of psoriasis on them. I am thinking I wonder if it’s something Tina is eating causing it, looking at her every day her husband making them for her seeming so nice lunches. Amy said, “Oh you’re not wearing your new ring,” to Tina. Tina said she took it off because she’s always putting cream on her hands pausing, alluding to the problem of her hands. The way Amy said it like it was so nice I got the impression the ring was expensive and had diamonds in it. Maybe because Amy wears jewellery like that.

Larry said the reason they’re not accepting your work at the literary magazines is because it’s different. They’re not used to work like that. I said I didn’t think of it that way, but thank you. Listening.

No comments: