Monday, December 15, 2008

Drive in

Cars were honking at us when I dropped Jacob off in front of the Pizza Pizza today for school. Hurry, I said, there's cars honking at us. A paper was falling out of the car and Jacob grabbed it and put it back in and closed the door. Traffic was bad and I was anxious until I got on the 401. Then I was calm. Even though I was running a few minutes late I wasn't driving in the fast lane. Calm.

The sky was dull grey. The road was dull grey. All at once the street lights running along the highway turned off and it was even more grey.

3 comments:

Larry Eisenstein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Larry Eisenstein said...

Way to go car whisperer driver. Those calm and assertive road skills are sexy too, like your new booties. Boy when you get your Mario Andretti on, you are one scary road warrior. I think those boots were made by nice people with mellow energy.

Anonymous said...

this post made me cry, paula. the way you describe jacob. understated but beautiful. i miss him very, very much.