Friday, January 30, 2009

Cat behaviour


We have new adorable kittens. They are black and white both with black masks over their eyes but the boy kitten's mask goes down further making him look sadder and like a Panda bear. He also has round black markings on his shoulders like he's a football player wearing shoulder pads. The girl kitten has a little black beard.

We got them from a cat rescue organization. They were taken from a feral cat colony. They were given to us with a clean bill of health. Prematurely I would say. We have already had a few vet bills getting them back healthy for real.

As the girl kitten's health returns she is turning into something of a hellion. Bad kitty. Yesterday and today I heard her growling at the boy. She growled at us too. When we were feeding her a treat. Then she galloped over our faces when we were sleeping.

Then Larry said he wanted to give her away. This was making me very sad and then I needed him to console me. I don't want to give the girl kitten away. Someone has to help socialize her. Why not us?

I ordered some cat behaviour books from the library. I predict that soon we will be cat behaviour experts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Now I'm going to growl at you for believing I would send our little girl kitty away! and a scratch, swat and hiss! then I'm going to pee on your pillow! AI might give you away!
I should have gotten a dog instead of a wife.

See... I didn't mean it!

Ok it sounded bad.