Sunday, October 26, 2008

Mysterious

The first time I went to the women’s toilet at Starbuck’s today I found many droplets of pee spray all over the back part of the seat. It looked like whoever had done it had had a very full bladder. It looked like it couldn’t, for example, be a situation of someone deciding to just try one more time on their way out, in case there’s something there; one of those “planning for the future”, preventative pees. Such a pee would have left far less prolific results.

I was cleaning it up with a few different pieces of toilet paper for my turn thinking it looked like it had been fun for the person who did it, spraying the seat like that. In a way it made me happy for them. Then I was thinking the person who had done it might have been someone who is afraid to sit on toilet seats and maybe the whole experience of standing or half-squatting over the toilet may not have been fun for them at all. Maybe in the tortured process of part-squatting the person got a strain in their thigh or their calf muscle and their entire leg was shaking in a spasm as they were making their pee.

The next time I wanted to the bathroom to pee I had to wait a while. Evidently a lot of other people had to go too. Which does make sense for a coffee shop. This time, when it finally got to my turn the toilet seat was up. It wasn’t down in the sitting position. It was up.

I have to say I find what goes on in the women’s toilet at the Starbucks so mysterious.

2 comments:

Larry Eisenstein said...

This is like, shocking material. Women who dribble on toilet seats? I can't even imagine such an incidence. I think it must have been a guy who used the toilet because the Men's was occupied. A woman peeing on a seat? Say it ain't so. I'll never leave the seat down again!

Paula Eisenstein said...

It's a whole n'other world than what you thought baby! You just don't know.